Article: Be A Father! | Sam Skaria, USA

On the occasion of Father’s Day, it is important to acknowledge the significance of fathers and their role in sustaining families. Recent studies have revealed that only 60% of men in the age group of 15-49 become biological fathers, while the remaining 40% are unable to do so. This highlights the blessing of fatherhood and the grace of God that enables men to become fathers. However, it is important to recognize that 1 in 4 children live without the presence of a biological father, which can lead to various challenges in their lives. Therefore, it is crucial to be compassionate towards such individuals and offer them genuine love and support.

Fathers have a unique and irreplaceable role in families, and any family with a father who loves God and applies godly principles to his parenting is blessed. However, it is disheartening to note that some fathers abandon their children, leaving them to fend for themselves. Such actions can have a profound impact on children and can cause immense pain and suffering. Therefore, fathers must recognize their responsibility to be present and actively involved in their children’s lives.

It is essential for fathers to be available for their children in person and to understand and empathize with them. Discipline must be administered with love and in private, without provoking or judging them. Fathers must strive to be exemplary and not just instructive, as children pay more attention to their actions than their words. The biblical example of Noah serves as a testament to the importance of fatherhood, as he was successful in saving his entire family from the flood.
In conclusion, fathers must commit to fulfilling their responsibilities as good fathers, not just in providing for their families but also in emulating the qualities of God – sacrificial, patient, slow to anger, kind, and loving unconditionally. By doing so, they can leave a legacy and inspire future generations to follow in their footsteps.
Wishing all fathers, a blessed Father’s Day! We can and we will change the next generation with the help of the Holy Spirit!



You might also like
Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.